1. Attendance at all
rehearsals is required except for illness or emergency. Members must
NOT make commitments for other activities on rehearsal nights. See
2. Attendance at all concerts is required. NO other activities should take precedence.
3. There is to be NO TALKING during rehearsals except in whispers and then only about the music.
4. There is to be NO FOOD OR DRINK in the rehearsal room.
5. No one is to handle another person's instrument without that person's permission.
6. All members are expected to learn their parts during practice at home so more rehearsal time can be devoted to expressiveness. Each member receives a set of parts that MUST BE BROUGHT TO ALL REHEARSALS.
7. Members must be at rehearsal at 7:00 to prepare instruments, prepare music, and warm up. The symphony tunes at 7:10 and rehearsing begins at 7:15. There is a 15-minute break and the rehearsal ends promptly at 9:00.
8. All members are required to be in an appropriate school music organization. The symphony is not intended to replace the school programs in any way but rather to enhance them.
9. All members must have extra strings, reeds, mutes, etc., at all times.
10. All instruments are to be kept in cases during break time.
ADHERENCE TO THE ABOVE ITEMS WILL CONTRIBUTE GREATLY TO MUSICALLY REWARDING AND EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCES.